Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Insert witty yet thought provoking phrase here

Yeah so I have been pretty slack with my cyberspace property management over the last week or so, I don't really have a valid excuse just that the weather has been pretty good and we have just come out of a long weekend. That's it, no the dog ate my computer or my long lost uncle Ronny has got the clap, just that I have been doing other things.

So what I have been up to I hear you ask? Well to be honest it is Wednesday now and I can't really remember but I will try my best to recreate any excitement from the last few.

As mentioned in a previous blog, Saturday night saw a group of us head to Red Elephant for Andrew AKA Dodgy AKA Old Fiddler's birthday dinner. For those who don't know this is the Thai restaurant in Newton with the massive Red Elephant outside. Anyways, the food was awesome but none more spectacular than Dodgy's entire chicken that came out on a platter in flames. A whole flaming chicken, you don't get a much cooler meal than that. After dinner a few of us went back to Dodgy and Mere's hotel room for a few more drinks then it all went downhill from there.

Aside from some flaming poultry the long weekend consisted of kicking around the house and trying to ensure we have all we need to bring a new little person home. Who knew that something so little would require so much stuff, I am sure the little guy/girl already has more clothes than me and as for baby accessories some of the stuff that we 'must' have is ridiculous. God only knows how mothers and babies survived before some great mind invented a breast pump, that said I am still interested in how the whole breast pump works and don't be surprised if one day out of the blue I confess to having used it.

The other element of preparing a house to be baby ready involves a lot of cleaning. I would not say that I was a clean freak but I do like to have things in order but for some reason our house looked like it had been used to film a scene in a horror film. You know the one where the serial killer is chasing the hot big-breasted woman and she throws crap like pillows or her shirt at him in hopes it will slow him down. On a side note, what is it with people who are being chased and they head upstairs, what sort of an idiot goes upstairs. For fuck sake, if some knife wielding psycho was chasing me around the house I would be out the door. Then once I was outside I would climb a tree and surprise attack the bastard when he followed me out making me a hero and the ultimate dream guy for all hot big-breasted woman who are dumb enough to throw their bras at serial killers.

Anyways, we cleaned the house and now we are ready for the newest addition to come out.

Oh yeah, the other thing I did this weekend was rip the skin of my finger as I was using the waterblaster to clean a screen printing screen. Who knew water could be so damn powerful? And on that I am going to wrap this up, not because I am out of clever and insightful stories to entertain you with but because my finger is starting to smell a bit funky so I better go wash it.

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, my job is never done.

No comments: