Tuesday, October 14, 2008

are you going to finish that?

Looks like I have now got my cyberspace rhythm and will be updating this mighty display of prose three times a week. Sometimes it might be four times, others it may only be two but either way it will always be entertaining and informative. That reminds me of a shirt I once saw that i really wanted to get for my friend Kelly cos she is a word nerd, it was a picture of Shakespeare with the phrase "Prose Before Hoes", great shirt.

Anyways, on with the show. What has been going on. For some reason on Saturday I thought it would be a good idea to trim back a few of the neighbours plants that have slowly been encroaching on our driveway. With hedge clippers in hand I made quick work of the trespassing fauna and then I made the mistake of carrying on around the front of the house. Long story short, the next two hours were spent in the garden hacking down hedges, trees and anything else that got in my way, I even worked up a manly sweat so did the sexy topless gardener thing. I was kind of hoping some dirty little tart like Eva Longoria would come along and have her way with me just like she does on TV but instead I had to settle for Paul and Kat pointing and laughing.

That night Mere, Paul, Kat and I went to the Bluestone Room for dinner, thanks to some vouchers from me Ma-In-Law. It is a pretty cool bar with a kind of underground vibe about it. And by underground I don't mean like the cool kids underground scene I mean actually buried under the ground. Anyways, dinner was good except for the fact I had a pot of ribs that was literally just that, a pot of ribs soaked in barbeque sauce. Let's just say they were awesome going down but when they quickly decided to come out it wasn't the most pleasant drive home.

Sunday I continued with my male duties around the house and put together an outdoor table that we got as a wedding present. I then cut down some cork board to go under the mattress in the baby's bassinet and managed to cut the newly put together table whilst doing this. Mere says I get to involved in the task i am doing and forgot about things around me, I think the table moved. I also managed to finally nail down my screen printing exposure time on Sunday and ran off a couple of test prints so I am quietly chuffed with myself about that. Between Baby and screen printing my empire is slowly growing, I suggest you get in behind me now before it is too late and I smite your ass.

So yeah, my weekend was full of masculine chores which also cement my position as the ruler of the house.

Now it is Wednesday and so far this week has been pretty much the same as any other. Mere has only got 8 days left of work before maternity leave and my work is incredibly full on with end of year exhibitions, new TV ads and marketing to organise. last night we had our antenatal class and found out that one of the couples who had been going have skipped to the end and already had their baby, dirty cheats. That aside, last night was all about breastfeeding and even though it was essentially a 2 hour conversation about boobs not once was I turned on. In my younger years even being within five metres of some boobs or in earshot of girls with boobs talking about anything would have given me a blood reducing hard-on hidden only by my grey schoolboy shorts. Nowadays it takes a bit more, maybe I have just been spoilt.

Moving on.

The remainder of the week sees no solid plans booked in which I am stoked about. I am all about kicking back and relaxing right now. I now I should be in the garage on my exercycle trying to get my some of my excess fat to fall off and release the sex god body underneath but things like cold beer, the sun and general laziness are really doing their part to hinder my efforts.

Time to finish this up and go do some real work but before I do here are a few things that get a double thumbs up from me this week:

The Lawrence Arms - quite possibly the best band in the world
NW Water - so damn good
Burger King vege burger - onion ring'tastic
XBox

4 comments:

The Breenies said...

That is one classy blog Mr. I laughed my arse off. Your friend Kelly sounds like a loser! She should chillax.

martin* said...

I have tried to get her to play life a bit cooler but she has some weird hobbies like reading and scrabble and we all know she is a lost cause

Anonymous said...

3 times a week???? I want it daily!!

martin* said...

You are a hard man to please Salty, a hard man with an insatible appetite